- We have a basic body as the initial component.
- We would like to reduce the weight by up to 50%.
- We want to maintain stiffness and fatigue strength.
Construction has never been so creative
Everything you can imagine, you can design and put into practice – 3D printing makes it possible. This opens up completely new horizons for engineers and designers and offers companies enormous potential in terms of cost and weight savings and in the optimization of their components.
Let’s take a look at a concrete example together: We want to optimize a gripper finger for 3D printing.
- We transfer the boundary conditions to the basic body.
- Our program generates a mesh and outputs a body reduced in volume.
- The result influences the design iterations: We design six versions until the final design is created.
- We validate the designed structures by FEM simulation.
- We calculate safety factors, internal stresses etc.
- We thicken the areas shown in red step by step to achieve the desired stability.
- We stop the thickening process at a maximum stress of 217 MPa – this is sufficient for fatigue strength at a load of 130N.
- We have saved over 60% weight.
- We have saved costs.
- We have saved waste.
- We have maintained both stiffness and fatigue strength.
- We have completed a design process in less time.
- We have worked with functional demonstration parts.
- We have rethought a component from scratch.
- We have implemented individual customer requirements.
1.Initial situation Assembly
Die Trovus Tech GmbH ist seit dem 25. April 2019 nach DIN EN ISO 9001: 2015 zertifiziert.
Die Erteilung dieser Zertifizierung unterstreicht unser Ziel und unseren Anspruch, unseren Kunden Dienstleistungen und Produkte von höchster Qualität anzubieten.